[message 11/02/08 - toy with this one awhile if you would, I'm going to be spending my writing time the next few days on my novel, just got over my block, somehow]
So the original plan was to come up with a 101-things list like those that exist for Chuck Norris, but as it turns out, Tiro and I are woefully insufficient to the task, working alone.
So instead, here's a few starters. Click on Comments below this article and give us a hand filling out the list. I figured Halloween was a good day for an article like this, since it involves almost no work on our part.
The starter list:
1. When Stephen Colbert ran for president, the president ran away.
2. Stephen Colbert is a Republican. Everyone else is a Republican't.
3. Stephen Colbert has razed the bar.
4. In Soviet Russia, America is Stephen Colbert.
5. Stephen Colbert is the reason all the rum is gone.
6. Stephen Colbert is so hot the Smithsonian Institute leaves the AC on through winter.
(Matt)7. If you look up Stephen Colbert in the dictionary, the dictionary turns to solid gold.
(Matt)8. Stephen Colbert was not born in a hospital, he delivered himself by C-section... without leaving a scar on his mother!
(Matt)9. If you're ever caught in an avalanche, say "Stephen Colbert" three times and the snow will instantly melt in awe.
(Matt)10. If you trick-or-treat in a Stephen Colbert mask, you will not receive candy, you will receive car keys.
(Matt)11. Stephen Colbert can spin straw into gold in exchange for your future children who will also be spun into gold.
(Matt)12. Stephen Colbert can cure cancer with the Mr. Miyagi hand rub.
I'll edit the list as you add things, and yes, on the main list, I'll credit your registered name 'n all that. Get crackin'.